Thursday 11 February 2010

Track sesh

Track with the Newmanator tonight, just me and him again - people will talk.  Especially if, as we did last week, we go for an intimate tete a tete over a sophisticated meal (well, a curry).  Didn't feel like a date to me, whatever anyone says...

Anyway - me and the bandy one at the slightly icy track.  Decided to do 6x1km reps tonight to gauge progress against last autumn when we did this session a few times.  We were trying to work out what Tim should do so we both finished at about the same time - we decided on 5x1km off 200m recoveries.

There were quite a few SMLs (Slow Moving Ladies) on the track tonight, but they'd all been suitably schooled to run in lane 2 or 3 so we didn't have the problems we've had before with meandering iPod listeners getting in the way.

I was, in the end, really pleased with the session - the reps were much quicker than last time, when I'd generally run each km in 3:42 or so.

This time the times were:

1km: 3:33
2km: 3:33
3km: 3:35
4km: 3:32
5km: 3:34
6km: 3:30 (which involved a speedy last lap chasing Tim as our timing was just about right!)

Chuffed with this, as that pace would be a 5k PB for me, and shows that I'm definitely getting stronger.  My recoveries were shorter than of late too, all under 70s, and I didn't feel I was eyeballs out, so there's maybe a bit more to come.  I must try these Yasso 800's people talk about some time - I suspect I might manage 2:50 per 800m or so.

Long one tomorrow with Hinsley - going for 20m in the afternoon, with him tagging along for 15m then I'll try and do 5m at MP.

Time for a brew and some telly now!

No comments:

Post a Comment