Saturday 13 February 2010

Recovery day

A few wee niggles from the week's efforts last night, so an hour with an ice pack on various bits of my lower anatomy ws called for.  I also didn't have a bath after my run yesterday, opting for a shower - not sure whether than made any difference to recovery or not.

Woke this morning with a few aches and pains (as usual - comes with being Very Old) but after K had done her 40min run I thought I'd better get out and do some recovery miles, especially as I'd been giving Paul the benefit of my experience and telling him to get out and do more easy miles.

So, tights and top were donned, satellites acquired and shoes laced up and I set off for Halton East for a change.  The intention was to do this really easy, so I wasn't worried when I saw the number 9:xx in the "pace" bit on my watch.  It did feel a wee bit harder than I would have expected, but it was windy and the way up to Halton East is uphill.  HR wasn't overly high, apart from the now traditional Garmin spike at the start, which is irritating if only because it pushes the average up:

Back home just outside 40 mins so an average pace of 8:05, which suggests that both wind and slope were against me on the way out - and possibly slightly too quick for a genuine recovery.

Bike day tomorrow - off to Rick's in Garstang for a family gathering so will set off to Slaidburn with l'Herb then hopefully hook up with big brother somewhere near the top of the Trough.

No comments:

Post a Comment