Saturday 9 October 2010

Blustery recovery

Have a list of jobs to do for K today, so after changing the water filter in the kitchen I decided I'd better get shifting and get a quick run in.  Karen had been out first thing and said it was "exhilaratingly blowy" so I put my Rab pertex top on for a bit of protection and set off.

Just up to Halton East, and the name of the game was recovery so I tried to keep it slow and steady - so slow and steady (and uphill and windy) was it that I ran a couple of the slowest miles I can remember!  An 8:21 was followed by and 8:46 - but then a couple of laps of the village gave me an 8:12 mile and the return journey being both wind and gravity assisted were steady 7:50's.

My HRM is starting to really piss me off again - straight up to c200bpm+ and then staying up there apart from the occasional excursion down the correct level, which I'd guess is about 130 for this sort of run - it was reading 137 as I was stood outside the front door!  I even took my bike computer out for a little jog up the road to ensure it's the strap and not my watch that's wrong - sure enough - both were reading 236 as I jogged slowly towards the paper shop.  Why is it so hard to get right?  C'mon Garmin- most of your stuff's pretty good, but this is shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment