Monday 25 October 2010

MP session in the sun!

My second "4 in 6" MP session tonight - same as last week with a half mile jog then 4 miles at MP - which turned out to be a bit brisker than that.  6:37, 6:33, 6:21 (whoops) and 6:36 all felt comfortable, but I definitely didn't fancy the extra mile I'd contemplated early in the effort.  I must get myself into the habit of running these at a more comfortable pace.  The problem is now I know that 6:45 or whatever's going to feel pretty tough, so I sort of just run at what feels suitably hard - but actually I'm going to need to be doing 5, 6, 8 and even 10 miles at this pace in the New Year, so I'd better get practising.

Still felt fresh enough for a 7:15 back to the road and a slow jog down to give an average pace for the 6m of under 7 min pace.

I think it's time I started to put some speedwork into this programme, especially as Abbey Dash is only 3 weeks away, so I think Wednesday's run up in Newcastle will be something involving half mile efforts - hopefully at somewhere around 6:10 pace if I can manage it.  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment