Thursday 28 October 2010

Intervals by the river

Tuesday was a London day, then off to Newcastle on Wednesday for a couple of days with the team before the official "TUPE transfer" next Monday when we're all one firm.

Knocked off about 5 and headed down to the hotel, then was out of the door by 6:15 heading down to the Quayside for some faster running than of late.  I'd decided on half mile intervals with half mile recoveries, and decided to do just three as it's my first time.

I felt really good running more quickly, and whilst I'm not sure I'd have fancied mile reps at that pace, it felt like there was more in the tank.  The long recoveries helped, of course, as I decided to run half miles instead of the normal 200m we do at the track, but I was pleased with three reps all at faster than 6 min mile pace.

Not sure how I'm going to get a long one in tomorrow, so may be using up Brownie points with Kazza to get my planned 16 in on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment