Wednesday 17 March 2010

Abject disobedience

Went to see John Fizzy today.  He took me in the gym and did all sorts of things on vibrating tables and trampettes to try and make my calf hurt, and failed miserably.  I also did lots of stretching but when he put me on my front and had a real dig around he eventually found a tiny sore spot - so his advice is no running til next week, although we're nearly there.

This is driving me mental - I can't make it hurt by hopping, clumping downstairs or any of the things that usually show up an injury - so when I got home I decided to take it for a run.  In my jeans and a fleece, trainers on and along the Halton East road for half a mile out and back - and I don't think I'm kidding myself when I say I absolutely can't feel a thing.  As you can see from the exciting graph above I did my mile in just over 7 minutes, which is a healthy pace, but not sure whether I'll be up to doing 26 of them at that speed in just over 3 weeks, but we can but try.

So - I'll not try again til the weekend but depending on hangover on Saturday I might do 4 miles slowly and see if there's any reaction, and then on Monday John's putting me on his tready for a go, then back to see him again Wednesday to see if there's been any reaction.  Plan is to do 8 or 10 miles Monday evening with Hinsley, so if I get through that unscathed I think we're back in the saddle!

Don't thik I'll 'fess up to John I've tried it, but I've just had another little hop on my toes and there is absolutely nothing there - so an easy few more days and then hopefully back to something worthy of the name of "training".

1 comment:

  1. Be careful old thing. I'd change to the half if I was you. VG result in the GNW Half by the way. I wasn't in shape for it and so went training instead. Fantastic time considering the weather.

    See you at Blackpool if not before.

    ReplyDelete