Thursday 11 March 2010

Frustrated optimism



Just a short post to record how I'm feeling - the word is pretty much ok, really.

No running, but because I now feel I'm not running positively (if that makes sense) and I have a target in sight, plus regular physio sessions where hopefully I'll get some positive feedback that things are getting better, things don't feel so bad.

My calf is feeling odd - it's actually quite sore, but I think that's bruising from where John gave it some hammer, as the deep-down tightness doesn't seem to be there any longer.  I've been stretching like a good 'un as well as doing some bent-knee calf raises on the stairs, which don't hurt at all.

I'm hoping that another 10 days rest may see me able to run the weekend after next, with hopefully 3 more physio sessions in between - if that's possible I'll be really confident about getting back into decent shape.  I'll have had 4 weeks rest since the injury, and 2 weeks of complete rest.  If I can run then I'l;l be able to ease back through the week, maybe building up to an 8-10 miler with a few MP miles in by midweek, then run Coniston 14 as a race of two halves - half at 3:15 MP, and if that feels easy enough speed up to sub-3 pace for the second half.  That'll still leave me with a fortnight before Blackpool, where I'll look to get a few 10-12 mile runs with some MP running in before a proper cut back the week of the race.

So - whilst it's frustrating seeing the glorious weather outside I'm now feeling about 8/10 I'll be able to hit a decent time come April 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment