Tuesday 30 March 2010

No running but a lot of meat

Never intended to run much early this week as I had to go to London yesterday which involved the Eating of Meat at Bodeans in Soho.  You just know what you're getting when a menu says "barbecue beans - contains meat".  So Hinsley and I ate a lot of meat then drank a bit of beer.



I saw the physio yesterday and he was happy with the way my leg had recovered from 17 fairly hard, hilly miles, so a bit of friction, some ultrasound and a bit of heat and my 6 sessions were done.  Going to get a referral back to John  from the GP tomorrow though - not sure I need to go to Martyn.

My calf feels pretty good now, so I think I'll take it out for a few miles tomorrow and see how it reacts - but given how easy 7:20 felt on a hilly course on Saturday I'm becoming quietly optimistic that I should be able to hold that pace a week Sunday even if I don't run much in between now and then - although of course after 20 miles it might all feel very different!

We'll see, and with a contingent of Harriers coming over to provide energy drinks and support it should be a good day out of nothing else.  One of my RW forum chums, Scooby Dudek, may be running with me - another runner targeting 3:10 would be great, if only for stopping me going off too quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment