Friday 12 March 2010

Fizzy Visit

Went to see John today at the Yorkshire Clinic.  He had a fiddle around and couldn't make my calf hurt until he absolutely "hit the spot", and he said he couldn't really feel much other than a slight tightness in the muscle.

He did what felt like a fairly short bit of friction massage, then some laser and finally some ultrasound.  I must say it did feel a bit like "going through the motions" and I wonder if part of the function of physiotherapy for runners is to give you something to look forward to to break up the days with no running!

Felt very jealous when Hinsley and The Newmanator set off for a steady 6 at lunchtime.  I popped my trainers on when I got home and did about 200yds up and down the road - no pain, and not even the weeny bit of tightness I felt a week ago when I set off running - so something's definitely different.

I'm getting horribly paranoid about losing fitness now though - John is absolutely insistent I don't run for another week, preferably 10 days - I guess I could just about hold out til a week Tuesday but really I'd like to do a few miles a week on Sunday - just 4m without pain would be great and would leave me a full week to build up for Coniston (for which the number arrived yesterday...).

No comments:

Post a Comment