Thursday 25 March 2010

And another one...




Woke up with my calf feeling fine again, so whatever happens to it when i run seems to recover fairly quickly, so I took my stuff into work for another steady run.  Went out at lunchtime and did 4 miles.

My calf was fairly tight from about half way, and got tighter as the run went on, but the tightness is definitely not where the injury occurred, and stretching seems to ease it.

Plan is therefore to ice it and stretch it like a good 'un, then no running tomorrow (will try and get a few miles in on the bike as I'm off work) then hopefully be ok for Coniston on Saturday.

The run today was steady at roughly 7:40 pace, which still feels nice and easy - so I think my strategy will be to use the next 2 weeks as a chance to get as much recovery into my calf as I can before trying to run Blackpool at about 7:20 a mile - which would be a comfortable 3:15. 

As the people organising Blackpool have let it be known they won't (as advertised) be providing Lucozade every 6 miles, but instead in cups (almost useless) at half way.  This is sadly becoming a bit of a feature of these particular organisers - no race permit (which can give concerns about course accuracy - their course was short in 2008), lack of detail about the course itself and now this.  Think this may be the last Blackpool race for me.  However as far as fuelling goes we have a solution - Ilkley Harriers are taking a bus over which means a bunch of supporters, so I'll take my bottle belt with nice Powerbar drink in and swap bottles at half way - that'll give me a litre of nice drink rather than yukky lucozade.

No comments:

Post a Comment